Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Yumminess!! Pear and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich


Okay, the truth is that I have a reputation in my family for being somewhat of a foodie.  I will admit that the RV lifestyle does indeed cramp my style a bit in this area, but I'm coping. ;)  And...the RV lifestyle does not prohibit eating good food, after all.  It does inhibit my ability to have lots of cool kitchen gadgets though!  I just had to share this recipe I stumbled upon for brie and pear grilled cheese sandwiches the other day in my quest for something to make with the brie I found on sale.  Oh my, this was so yummy!  I was unsure how it would go over when I saw the ingredients, but I plunged ahead.  The only one unimpressed was Genna; even Jake was a huge fan!  Here's my adapted version, since I had slightly different ingredients on hand, of course.

Pear and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
Herbed Double Creme Brie, sliced
Thinly sliced sweet onion
Thinly sliced pear
Green leaf lettuce
Freshly ground black pepper
Bread
Butter

Just layer all the ingredients except the lettuce, and butter the outside of the bread before grilling.  It's helpful to add a plate and can on top of the sandwich as it cooks to help it melt and smoosh together nicely.  Of course, save the lettuce to add at the end, though!  No one likes limp lettuce. :)  I can only imagine how phenomenal this would taste with homemade bread.  All I had was unimpressive store bought bread, and it still turned out great!

No comments: