Sunday, April 15, 2012

Visiting the Payne's


We had the chance to visit our good friends from Texas that moved to Indiana nearly four years ago, the Paynes.  I used to watch Amy's three boys for her while she did part-time work when Alyssa and Truman were both about Jake's age.  Fun times!  Even though their driveway wasn't long enough to park the rig, we were able to park on the street in front of their house & just not slide.  I think the neighbors noticed. ;)

They took our kids to a church event while Steve & I went out for a birthday date.  It is so awesome to be able to go out on a date and know the kids are with people we know and trust and are actually having great times without us!  Since my birthday was Saturday, and Truman's birthday was Sunday, we got to share a little birthday fun.  We also got to visit their church, take some great pictures at a nearby park (thanks so much for doing that, Amy!), and go out for a birthday lunch.  The birthday boy chose Golden Corral, and my oh my, the kids were delighted with the buffet experience.  I think Steve was pretty delighted with the Chocolate Wonderfall himself! ;)

Jake shoved food in Linda's mouth just before I took this.
The cake for Linda and Truman 
It was fun to watch our girls and their boys figure out how to interact with each other! ;)  Harrison was clearly a big hit with both littles.  Jake bonded with Tommie, of course; he's a one-woman man through and through!  And last but certainly not least, I got to hang out and chat with a great girlfriend that I miss living close to!  She even treated me to frozen yogurt for my birthday...our little secret since the kiddos would have been jealous!  By the way, if you're in the Newburgh, Indiana area and looking for professional organizing services, check out Lasting Order.  I hear she's really good! :)

Here are the pictures we took after church at Audubon State Park in Henderson, Kentucky.  Amy took some great shots!  











It was a short stop over, but we had great times catching up with the Paynes!!!


2 comments:

Amy Payne said...

We had such a great time with you guys too!! I'm so grateful that you decided to visit Southwest Indiana on your journey. :)

Jenny said...

Fun visit!!! Jealous you got to see the Payne family!