Monday, June 13, 2011

What I Miss

Well, I mentioned hi-speed internet already, so I won't belabor the point. I also miss regular showers by myself. Showers really are sanity savers, totally underrated. In my world as a mother of four children, good showers by myself qualify as therapy. I will admit to feeling a bit jealous of Steve's daily showers alone. Not that the kids are bad in the showers. Genna loves showers, so I shouldn't complain, it's just that there is precious little time in my day that it could qualify as “me time,” and some days my selfish meter kicks into overdrive, & I long for a chunk of time without a cute, hot, sticky, sour-milk-scented babe in my arms. I know that this is a normal feeling for this stage in life because this is my fourth, but it is even more difficult to come by peaceful time without someone needing something that it is my job to fulfill in an RV with Steve still working. I'm looking forward to the time when he is around more.

No comments: