Thursday, May 24, 2012

Myrtle Beach State Park



As a kid, I went to Myrtle Beach every summer with my family for a Water Well Drillers Convention since my dad is a well driller.  It is one of the highlights of my childhood memories, so it was a treat to be able to go back for the first time in over 15 years!  We stayed at Myrtle Beach State Park for three nights.  Great state park, in my opinion, though not as spacious as many state park sites often are.  The sites are well shaded, the bathhouses are great, and there's laundry onsite for reasonable!  I even met another laundry fairy that loaded my wet laundry into dryers for me and wouldn't let me pay him back!  How awesome is that???

The beach was a short walk, less than 10 minutes, from our site.  We had a great time here.  The ocean was just perfect for playing in, not too rough, and the beach itself was clean with great sand for sand castles though there really wasn't much in the way of shells.  Unfortunately, we did have to work around some storms and rain.  Although we would have loved to stay longer, with Memorial Day weekend coming up, they were booked up and we needed to find a place to go!

No comments: